Friday, April 4, 2014

April Challenge at Craft for the Craic

Hi Everyone,
I am back today with My DT Project for the April Challenge over at Craft for the Craic 
This Months Challenge is :-

I decided to do a Mixed Media Picture, and knew pretty quickly that I wanted to include the Saying "Spring has Sprung"

I have used lots of different punches, and also used lots of stash that I have had for over 10 Years!!!

I started out with a 6" x 12" piece of Chipboard, I used a piece of printed tissue paper and crumpled it into a very tight ball in my hand, I did this a few times to make sure it was very wrinkled, I then stuck it to the chipboard with Claudine Hellmuth Matt Multi Medium, being careful not to flatten it too much, I wanted to keep the texture. 

I then used My Brick wall stencil and using Black Archival ink I sponged it through, I didn't want it too strong as I wanted the wall to look like it was behind the pots.

A close up of the brickwork!!



I wanted a small sun in the corner but didn't have a small enough stencil, so I made one!!! 
I had a Sunflower punch which loos like the sun, so I took a piece of plastic packaging and punched it
Be careful if You try this as punches are not really designed for this and it got a bit stuck I had to stand on the punch to get it through the plastic!! I don't recommend it unless you don't care too much for the punch, but it did make a great stencil!! :-) 
I used Golden Modeling paste through the stencil!!

Here is a closer look at the paste
I wanted some light background colour so I uses some blue chalk on the top half and some green just along the bottom and up the sides.

You can still see the texture

I used a Martha Stewart punch to cut a strip to look like the caps you see on top of walls, I cut a tree from a Tim Holtz Die and cut it and positioned it to look like it was behind the wall.

I stamped a bird house and a little bird and coloured and fussy cut them, to add some detail to the tree

I used some Fluffy paint to make some clouds, I used the heat gun to puff them up, love the texture

I used a ticket cut from a Tim Holtz die to make a sign, stamped Has Sprung and stuck 2 little butterflies for decoration.

I coloured the Sun using Pro Markers

I punched lots of flowers and layered them up

I punched leaves and stuck them in position, for the stems i used paper string and coloured it using Alcohol Markers. I also punched out the Pots and the grass which I placed in front of the pots this adds depth and also grounds the whole picture!!
For the letters I have a story!!!
I wanted to use My Tim Holtz die to cut them but while I was cutting the Tree My Vagabond went up in Smoke!!!! :-( So I had to improvise and luckily I had the negative from a previous strip of letters I had cut so I used this as a stencil and traced and cut out the letters!! I am not happy with them, so I didn't stick them down and will replace them as soon as I get My new machine!!!


This is the finished Picture, The light wasn't great when I took it, If I can get a better pic I will replace this one!! :-)
 
Well I hope You enjoyed seeing My Project, and that the step by step was helpful!!
Please pop over to Craft for the Craic and Join in this months Challenge!!
We had 119 Fantastic Entries last month, Help us beat that this time!! :-)
 
Crafty Hugs,
Michelle xx


6 comments:

  1. Love the mixture of pretty flowers, funky backgrounds and the clouds are really cool
    Pixie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I LOVE your Mixed Media picture. The step by step is fantastic and very informative, thanks :) I love your clouds, what a brill texture :) Beautiful, hope it takes pride of place in your craft room/house :)
    Eithne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Eithne, glad You liked the step by step :-)
      I have it in My craftroom, will have to make a Summer one now!! :-) :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous Michelle, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Jane :-)
      I had fun making it :-) :-) xxx

      Delete